The only thing they do know is what happens in the 2 minutes they are dropping off and picking up their child. In their mind, those 2 minutes are a snapshot of their child's entire experience at church.
Many children's ministries overlook those 2 minutes and miss a great opportunity to gain parent's confidence.
Here's some tips on how to maximize those 2 minutes.
- Have activities going as parents are dropping off their children.
- Have leaders connecting with children as parents are dropping off.
- Make it fun. If parents see their children sitting bored out of their minds, they will think the whole service was that way.
- Play a review game as parents are picking up. This will give parents a quick snapshot of what their children learned.
- Have the kids sing an upbeat worship song as parents are picking up. Parents love to see their children worshiping.
- Avoid putting the children in front of a video. Parents will think their children just watched TV the whole service.
- Train your leaders to connect with parents and share with them what the kids learned.
- Greet each parent. Have a "Pastor shaking hands at the door after service" mindset.