In 1999, the American Academy of Pediatrics recommended that screen time be limited to two hours a day for children over age two, and that no screen time be allowed for children younger than that.
But that was 1999, when TV was the primary means by which kids consumed technology and it was normally done sitting still in a sedentary mode. Proponents of technology say that times have changed and other factors should now be considered.
Some of the factors are...
- Is it being used to support learning?
- Is the use solitary or taking place with others?
- Is the activity sedentary or active?
- What are the content and features of the media?
- Are the device's features age-appropriate?
Share your thoughts with us in the comment section below.