1. Open the door for them when they enter and welcome them.
2. Smile! Smiles bring smiles.
3. Introduce yourself and find out their names.
4. Talk with them instead of at them and listen to them...really listen to them.
6. Have a welcome gift for their child.
7. Explain your safety and security system.
9. When they thank you, respond by saying, "It's my pleasure."
10. Open the door for them as they're leaving and thank them for coming.
What are some other ways to make first-time guest families smile? Share your ideas with everyone in the comment section below.