If you haven't noticed yet, Facebook now offers live streaming video for
users. That's right...free, live streaming video. And the cool thing,
once you're done streaming, you can post the video on your page. There
are so many possibilities this opens up for your children's ministry.
Let's look at a few tips for using Facebook Live.
You can build anticipation by creating a live, streaming event and inviting people to it. People can also tap on the Follow button on live and posted videos and opt-in to get notifications the next time you go live.
Check to make sure that you have a strong signal before going live. WiFi tends to work best, but if you can't find a nearby network, you'll want a 4G connection. If you have weak signal, the 'Go Live' button will be grayed out.
- Open Facebook with your phone or tablet.
- Make sure your sound/mic is turned up.
- Click Status.
- Choose "Live Video."
- Choose your privacy setting. (public, friends, friends except, etc.)
- Name your video.
- Click the "Go Live" button. Your broadcast can be up to 90 minutes long.
- You can see how many people are watching your video live.
- Interact with viewers and commenters
- Once your broadcast is done, click to end it and then click the "post" button if you want to save it and post it to your page.
There are lots of ways you can use Facebook Live for your ministry. How about...
- Video training for your volunteers
- Streaming your services
- Parenting classes during the week
- Communicating upcoming events and announcements during the week
- Streaming events or special programs
- Connecting with volunteers during the week
Your turn. The floor is yours. What are some other ideas for using Facebook Live? Share with us in the comment section below.