There's a lot of things you can do as a children's ministry leader and we know there is never a lack of tasks waiting. There's always another phone call to make, another volunteer to recruit, another craft to prepare, another family to follow up on, another lesson to teach, we could go on and on and on.
But...I believe the two biggest things a children's ministry leader can do are...
Point people to the vision. Rallying people behind a common vision is crucial. This brings unity, growth, passion and direction. As the leader, you must help people look around the what and see the why. Here are some questions to ponder:
- How do I help people see the vision?
- How do I communicate the vision?
- How do I help people stay focused on the vision?
- How much of my week is spent pointing people to the vision?
- How am I equipping others to do the work of the ministry?
- What am I doing that I should equip someone else to do?
- How can I multiple myself as a leader?