Ready to see your children's ministry transformed?
A transformed children's ministry comes from transformational leadership. Transformational leadership is when a leader raises team members to higher levels of motivation and effectiveness.
Transformational leaders create an inspiring vision. An inspiring vision comes from...
- clarifying your purpose - why you do what you do
- core values that the team will be committed to
- creating a picture of what can be
- communicating the vision
- talk about the vision...often - remember vision leaks
- tell the stories of kids and families who are being impacted by the vision
- teamwork - show people the part they play in making the vision a reality
- thank people on the team - encourage them, praise them, appreciate them
- lead through changes that need to be made
- lay out goals that will take you to the vision
- let people see your commitment and persistence to overcome difficulties and roadblocks
- find out your team members' personalities, love languages, developmental needs and goals
- focus on helping them grow, meet their goals, and achieve their dreams
- feedback - create a culture where feedback is not only received, but asked for
- face-to-face, personal time with your team members