But with today's rapid changes accelerating, it's not enough to avoid protecting the past. You must avoid protecting the present.
Here's some signs you're protecting the present...
- You're not taking a hard look at your processes, programs and events.
- You're not asking for feedback.
- You're ignoring trends and shifts in the culture.
- You say, "If it's not broken...don't fix it."
- You're growing content and complacent.
- Your hesitant to try something new.
- You aren't taking any steps that will take your ministry to the next level.
- Regularly evaluate everything you're doing.
- Ask for feedback from volunteers, parents and kids.
- Stay in tune with notable trends and shifts in the culture.
- Be willing to step out of your comfort zone and try something new.
- Plan for growth not just maintenance.
- Write down where you want the ministry to be in 1 year. From this, create a strategy to take it there.