"Their responsibility is to EQUIP God’s people to do His work and build up the church, the body of Christ."
As leaders, our job is not to DO ministry. Our job is to EQUIP people to do ministry.
Think about these questions...
- Can you be gone on a Sunday and the ministry will function fine without you?
- Do you teach all the lessons?
- Do you hesitate to give away parts of the ministry because people can't do it as well as you?
- Are you the only one caring for volunteers and scheduling them to serve?
- Are you doing all the shopping for supplies?
- Are you the children's ministry director, yet often find yourself in a specific classroom instead of supervising?
- Are you not able to attend adult worship because you can never leave the children's service?
- Do you currently have anyone else you are training to do your job?
- Do you often find yourself doing ministry work alone?
Think about parts of the ministry that you're doing that you can give away. Equip people and turn it over to them. Then encourage and support them as they do the work of the ministry.
Afraid you'll work yourself out of a job? Don't worry...Pastors are looking for children's ministry leaders who are equippers. If you can work yourself out of a job, you'll always have a job.