This is a time of reflection, recharging, relationship building and growth. It also helps us prepare for the fall ministry season.
This year's staff retreat theme was "Full Things Fill Things." The focus was on staying filled ourselves so we can pour into the lives of others.
Below are the schedules for the two days if you'd like an inside look at our retreat. Tomorrow, I will post all the teaching notes from the two days.
- 8:30 am - Breakfast
- 8:45 am - Worship
- 8:50 - 9:15 am - Fill Up with Discipleship (speaker - Dave Simele, campus pastor at our Royal Palm Campus)
- 9:15 - 9:45 am - Table discussions
- 9:45 - 10:15 am - Fill Up with Leadership (speaker - Craig Johnson, Director of Ministries at Lakewood Church, Houston)
- 10:15 - 10:45 am - Table discussions
- 10:45 - 11:00 am - Break
- 11:00 - 11:30 am - Fill Up with Parent Partnership (I led this session)
- 11:30 - 12:00 pm - Table discussions
- 12:00 - 12:30 pm - Fill Up with Mentorship (speaker - Cherie Duffey - Children's Ministry Director at Newspring Church in Anderson, SC)
- 12:30 - 1:30 pm - Lunch break & campus presentations
- 1:30 - 2:00 pm - Table discussions
- 2:00 - 3:00 pm - Games & discussion about how to connect kids to environments
- 3:00 - 3:15 pm - Desert break
- 3:15 - 4:00 pm - Pour Out (I led this session)
- 9:00 - 10:00 am - Devotions and Prayer
- 10:00 - 12:30 pm - Leadership Lids (identifying personal and ministry lids and how to lift them)
- 12:30 - 1:30 pm - Lunch
- 1:30 - 3:30 pm. - Fun Time
- 3:30 - 4:00 - Desert & closing discussion