Recently I put together a Pastor's tool kit for Children's Ministry. It will be used by our campus pastors to measure the health and growth of the children's ministry at their campus (we're a multi-site church).
One part of the tool kit is 12 questions the pastor can ask the children's director when they meet.
I wanted to share the questions with you as well. They are great talking points when you meet with your pastor or the leader you report to. They are also great questions to ask yourself on a regular basis.
- How many new volunteers have you brought onto the team lately?
- What are you doing to build relationships with volunteers?
- What are you doing to care for volunteers?
- Who are the volunteers you are raising up to be leaders of leaders?
- How are you following up with guest families?
- How many kids and parents have participated in the milestones lately?
- What are some things that are going well right now?
- What are some things you are working on improving?
- How is our children's ministry attendance tracking?
- What are some growth barriers we are facing in children's ministry? How can I help you remove the barriers?
- Are there any other areas of concern you have?
- What is one thing that will help our children's ministry be more successful?