Here are 10 questions that every children's pastor should be able to answer about their ministry. As you read through these, what are your answers? Your answers are a great litmus test of the health of ministry you lead.
If any of these questions cause you to start searching for an answer...or you're not satisfied with your answer...I've listed some helpful articles below that can be of help.
Let the questions begin.
What is the vision of the ministry you lead?
- 5 Keys to Communicating a Vision
- Why You Shouldn't Have a Vision for Your Children's Ministry
- How to Lead and Cast Vision Like Walt Disney
What are you doing to grow personally?
- Are You Committed to Yourself?
- 10 Steps to Becoming a Better Children's Ministry Leader
- 10 Books to Read If You're In Children's Ministry
What is your process for leading kids to Christ?
- Steps for Leading a Child to Christ
- Why I Stopped Doing Large Group Salvation Prayers With Kids
- Great New Resource Now Available to Lead Kids to Christ
How do you equip parents to disciple their kids?
- 7 Ways to Communicate With Parents
- A Simple Tool for Partnering with Parents of Preschoolers
- Millennial Parents...the Latest Findings About the Young Parents You're Trying to Reach
How do you follow up with first-time guests?
- The #1 Reason Young Families Don't Return to Your Church
- 10 Ways to Make First-Time Guests Happy
- The Biggest Thing That Will Bring Your Guests Back
How do you keep kids safe and secure in your ministry?
- Abuse Prevention...A Must for Every Children's Ministry
- A Way to See If the Kids In Your Ministry Are Safe in Your Care
- Parents' Expectations About Safety at Church (and how to meet them)
What is your current ratio of volunteers to kids?
- 7 Ways to Burnout Your Volunteers
- 5 Things That Will Keep Your Children's Ministry Growing
- Are You Following Ratios in Your Children's Ministry?
What is a ministry lid you are currently working on lifting?
- How to Build a Powerful Children's Ministry
- 10 Ways Children's Ministries Can Be Ready for the Future
- Take Your Children's Ministry to the Next Level
Who are you personally investing in?
- The Best Children's Pastors Do These 5 Things
- 3 Investments Effective Children's Ministry Leaders Make Every Week
- Hand-Me-Downs...A Biblical Guide to Developing Leaders
What's your plan for building your volunteer team?